Garage door opener

Has anyone come up with tricks to get the garage door opener button to show up as you approach your home? I’ve set my home location, but still the buttons don’t pop up as you approach the house.
In addition, any solutions regarding backing out of your garage? Since the cameras come on the top screen in reverse, you have to look down to the lower screen, then push the little house button to get the button to show up. Then press to close the door.

You can create a shortcut icon on the lower screen for this, and you can also assign the * button on the steering wheel. The only issue I’ve had with both these methods, is that if the MMI hasn’t finished fully booting up by the time you’ve backed down your driveway, these shortcuts won’t be active. You’ll need to wait a few seconds for the boot process to complete.

That’s a good idea. In effect I think you are suggesting I made 4 areas able to open the garage door. 1. upper screen 2. Lower screen button to the right of the shortcut boxes 3. An actual short cut button and finally 4. the button on the steering wheel. I’ll let you know if one of them solves the problem.

Any idea how to get the seemingly georeferenced “Send to garage” buttons to show up as you approach your house? In all my driving it’s only worked one time as I pulled in to the driveway!

The GPS always works as I approach my house, and pops up the garage door prompt. Maybe delete and reconfigure those settings on your car? Or if you are in an extremely dense area with heavy tree cover or large buildings, maybe the car’s GPS antenna can’t see that you’re approaching your driveway? That doesn’t seem likely though.

I am going to reprogram it tonight at the end of the driveway instead of directly in front of my garage door and see if that works. I don’t think it’s the GPS antenna as there are no trees or even buildings blocking the reception.
Thanks for the tips, I’ll let you know if it works.

Just as a follow up, I reprogrammed it this morning on the way to work at the end of my driveway as well as programmed the steering wheel to also be the garage opener. On the way home it did not automatically pop up on the MMI. However, the button on the steering wheel worked perfectly. So that’s what I’ll depend on.